A massive amount of information today has been released about the 3rd entry in “The Golf Club” series. Read all the details below and watch the trailer!
2K Hits the Links as Publisher of
The Golf Club 2019Featuring PGA TOUR®
Partnership between 2K, HB Studios and PGA TOUR to expand further 2K’s product portfolio
Latest entry to award-winning golf simulation series available now
for digital download on PS4™ System, Xbox One and Windows PC
SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA – August 29, 2018– 2K has announced that the Company is partnering with HB Studios to publish The Golf Club 2019 Featuring PGA TOUR®, the latest entry in the award-winning golf simulation series. Developed by HB Studios, The Golf Club 2019 Featuring PGA TOUR marks the franchise’s first release featuring the official PGA TOUR license and presents an opportunity, through the new partnership, to deliver the most comprehensive and engaging virtual golf experience to date for the series. The Golf Club 2019 Featuring PGA TOURis available now for digital download on the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system and the Xbox One family of devices including the Xbox One X and Windows PC. In addition, physical versions of the game will be available at participating retailers this spring.
“HB Studios has an established and impressive track record in sports simulation game development, and from its early plans for The Golf Club 2019 Featuring PGA TOUR, we saw significant potential in both the game and future of the franchise,” said Greg Thomas, President at Visual Concepts. “With a solid foundation and talented team in place, we’re eager to leverage ourcollective strengths and make a notable impact for golf and simulation sports enthusiasts everywhere.”
“I’m immensely proud of all the hard work and passion that our team has put into making this game. It’s truly been a labor of love, and I think that’s reflected in the product,” added Alan Bunker, CEO of HB Studios. “We couldn’t be happier to align with 2K and the PGA TOUR to share our passion for golf and sports simulation gameplay with franchise enthusiasts and newcomers worldwide.”
“We are thrilled to have partnered with HB Studios and 2K to create and distribute the first-ever tournament play mode within a console game, featuring some of the most recognized PGA TOUR events including THE PLAYERS Championship,” said Len Brown, Chief Legal Officer and Executive Vice President Licensing for PGA TOUR. “The career mode will allow our fans to rise through the ranks and earn their way onto the PGA TOUR, where they will compete on authentic TOUR courses.”
CAA Sports Licensing, on behalf of PGA TOUR, helped broker the relationship with HB Studios.
About The Golf Club 2019 Featuring PGA TOUR
The Golf Club 2019 Featuring PGA TOURsets a new franchise benchmark for authenticity and realism, including:
- Improved ball physics, swing mechanics, swing feedback and other core gameplay mechanics;
- Unparalleled visual fidelity powered by award-winning and industry-leading SpeedTree® technology often used in top blockbuster games and films;
- Overhauled user interface delivering a fresh look and feel.
In addition, for the first time in franchise history, players will experience an officially licensed PGA TOUR Career Mode:
- Players will embark on an authentic journey through Q-School and the Web.com Tour, earning the right to play in a 32-tournament PGA TOUR season;
- Season play includes beautifully precise replicas of PGA TOUR courses that are accurate down to one-meter of resolution of the real-life courses;
- Players will forge rivalries and land sponsorships en route to competing in the FedExCup Playoffs, with the ultimate goal of becoming a FedExCup Champion.
Finally, The Golf Club 2019 Featuring PGA TOUR will now include a robust online multiplayer system for matchmaking and private matches:
- Players will compete on featured courses through matchmaking or chose from any available course for private matches;
- Go head to head or play as a team with friends in any one of six game formats, including the new additions of Skins and Alt-Shot.
The Golf Club 2019 Featuring PGA TOURis rated G and is available now for digital download on PS4™ system, Xbox One and Windows PC. In addition, physical versions of the game will be available at participating retailers this spring. For more information regarding The Golf Club 2019 Featuring PGA TOUR, visit thegolfclub2019.com, become a fan on Facebook, follow the game on Twitter orInstagram using the hashtag #TCG2019 or subscribe on YouTube.
Craig Cirillo is an avid gamer and has been gaming for many years, from back in the Atari 2600 and Commodore 64 days until now with his Xbox One S and PS4 Pro. Craig had ownership stakes in 2 previous websites, Gaming Obsession Australia and All Age Gaming. He enjoys all types of games with his particular favorites being the Gears of War series and the Street Fighter series.